Apr 22, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
As most Braves fans of a certain age know, Tom Glavine was a fourth round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 1984 and seriously considered making hockey his sport. He was informed, however, that you don’t get credited with a goal when you miss the net by several inches to the left, so he gave it up.
But no, seriously, Glavine loves hockey and, as our own Joe Yerdon writes over at PHT, he might get into the business of helping Atlanta keep the Thrashers.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)