Apr 22, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
As most Braves fans of a certain age know, Tom Glavine was a fourth round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 1984 and seriously considered making hockey his sport. He was informed, however, that you don’t get credited with a goal when you miss the net by several inches to the left, so he gave it up.
But no, seriously, Glavine loves hockey and, as our own Joe Yerdon writes over at PHT, he might get into the business of helping Atlanta keep the Thrashers.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)