Apr 22, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
As most Braves fans of a certain age know, Tom Glavine was a fourth round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 1984 and seriously considered making hockey his sport. He was informed, however, that you don’t get credited with a goal when you miss the net by several inches to the left, so he gave it up.
But no, seriously, Glavine loves hockey and, as our own Joe Yerdon writes over at PHT, he might get into the business of helping Atlanta keep the Thrashers.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)