Apr 22, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
As most Braves fans of a certain age know, Tom Glavine was a fourth round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 1984 and seriously considered making hockey his sport. He was informed, however, that you don’t get credited with a goal when you miss the net by several inches to the left, so he gave it up.
But no, seriously, Glavine loves hockey and, as our own Joe Yerdon writes over at PHT, he might get into the business of helping Atlanta keep the Thrashers.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)