Apr 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Brandon Webb is still a long way from actually pitching for the Rangers, but he’s making some incremental progress.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, Webb flew to Arizona yesterday after completing his latest long-toss session under the supervision of Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux. He’s scheduled to throw two innings in an extended spring training game Monday.
“It’s the biggest step so far,” Webb said about going to extended spring games. “It will be more intense than what I’ve had to so far, so that will be good I think to crank the intensity up. That should help me.”
Webb believes he’ll make a few outings there before being reevaluated. The Rangers have yet to map out a timetable for a rehab assignment or a potential return from the disabled list. And for good reason. Given Webb’s lengthy list of setbacks following shoulder surgery in August of 2009, he’s nothing more than a lottery ticket at this point.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)