Apr 23, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Brandon Webb is still a long way from actually pitching for the Rangers, but he’s making some incremental progress.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, Webb flew to Arizona yesterday after completing his latest long-toss session under the supervision of Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux. He’s scheduled to throw two innings in an extended spring training game Monday.
“It’s the biggest step so far,” Webb said about going to extended spring games. “It will be more intense than what I’ve had to so far, so that will be good I think to crank the intensity up. That should help me.”
Webb believes he’ll make a few outings there before being reevaluated. The Rangers have yet to map out a timetable for a rehab assignment or a potential return from the disabled list. And for good reason. Given Webb’s lengthy list of setbacks following shoulder surgery in August of 2009, he’s nothing more than a lottery ticket at this point.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)