Apr 23, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Justin Morneau is back in the starting lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Indians. He’ll play first base and bat cleanup against right-hander Fausto Carmona.
Morneau has been sidelined since last Saturday due to a stiff neck and a case of the flu. He recently received a cortisone injection to relieve inflammation in the neck. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said yesterday that Morneau could be available to pinch-hit today, so his condition has obviously improved greatly over the past 24 hours.
Morneau is batting .208/.250/.302 with zero homers, five doubles and three RBI over his first 56 plate appearances this season.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)