Apr 23, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Justin Morneau is back in the starting lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Indians. He’ll play first base and bat cleanup against right-hander Fausto Carmona.
Morneau has been sidelined since last Saturday due to a stiff neck and a case of the flu. He recently received a cortisone injection to relieve inflammation in the neck. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said yesterday that Morneau could be available to pinch-hit today, so his condition has obviously improved greatly over the past 24 hours.
Morneau is batting .208/.250/.302 with zero homers, five doubles and three RBI over his first 56 plate appearances this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 93
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)