Apr 23, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
C’mon, you just knew something like this would happen, right?
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed that Feliz is dealing with inflammation in his rotator cuff, but is hopeful that he will only need a minimum stay on the DL.
“If he was 33 instead of 23 we may treat it a little differently, but given his age and what he means to the club we’re going to play this one on the safe side,” Daniels said. “We could have very easily given him a couple of days off and seen how this goes. We don’t want to take any chances here.”
Feliz has a 1.08 ERA, 6/5 K/BB ratio and five saves in five chances over his first 8 1/3 innings of work this season. The Rangers decided to keep the 22-year-old right-hander in the bullpen after stretching him out as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)