Apr 23, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
C’mon, you just knew something like this would happen, right?
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed that Feliz is dealing with inflammation in his rotator cuff, but is hopeful that he will only need a minimum stay on the DL.
“If he was 33 instead of 23 we may treat it a little differently, but given his age and what he means to the club we’re going to play this one on the safe side,” Daniels said. “We could have very easily given him a couple of days off and seen how this goes. We don’t want to take any chances here.”
Feliz has a 1.08 ERA, 6/5 K/BB ratio and five saves in five chances over his first 8 1/3 innings of work this season. The Rangers decided to keep the 22-year-old right-hander in the bullpen after stretching him out as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)