Apr 23, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
C’mon, you just knew something like this would happen, right?
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed that Feliz is dealing with inflammation in his rotator cuff, but is hopeful that he will only need a minimum stay on the DL.
“If he was 33 instead of 23 we may treat it a little differently, but given his age and what he means to the club we’re going to play this one on the safe side,” Daniels said. “We could have very easily given him a couple of days off and seen how this goes. We don’t want to take any chances here.”
Feliz has a 1.08 ERA, 6/5 K/BB ratio and five saves in five chances over his first 8 1/3 innings of work this season. The Rangers decided to keep the 22-year-old right-hander in the bullpen after stretching him out as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)