Apr 23, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
C’mon, you just knew something like this would happen, right?
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed that Feliz is dealing with inflammation in his rotator cuff, but is hopeful that he will only need a minimum stay on the DL.
“If he was 33 instead of 23 we may treat it a little differently, but given his age and what he means to the club we’re going to play this one on the safe side,” Daniels said. “We could have very easily given him a couple of days off and seen how this goes. We don’t want to take any chances here.”
Feliz has a 1.08 ERA, 6/5 K/BB ratio and five saves in five chances over his first 8 1/3 innings of work this season. The Rangers decided to keep the 22-year-old right-hander in the bullpen after stretching him out as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)