Apr 23, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
C’mon, you just knew something like this would happen, right?
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed that Feliz is dealing with inflammation in his rotator cuff, but is hopeful that he will only need a minimum stay on the DL.
“If he was 33 instead of 23 we may treat it a little differently, but given his age and what he means to the club we’re going to play this one on the safe side,” Daniels said. “We could have very easily given him a couple of days off and seen how this goes. We don’t want to take any chances here.”
Feliz has a 1.08 ERA, 6/5 K/BB ratio and five saves in five chances over his first 8 1/3 innings of work this season. The Rangers decided to keep the 22-year-old right-hander in the bullpen after stretching him out as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)