Apr 25, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Don Mattingly can’t seem to catch a hair-related break.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times describes how the Dodgers’ recent strong play has led to a disagreement in the Mattingly household:
Here’s the problem: The recent run has coincided with the appearance of a goatee on the face of manager Don Mattingly, and Mrs. Mattingly wants him to shave. “It stays for a couple more days,” Mattingly said. “I have at least 10 more days until I see Lori again.”
Mattingly’s wife lives primarily at the couple’s Indiana residence. While conceding that Mattingly looks better cleanshaven, catcher Rod Barajas pleaded with his manager’s new wife to withstand the unsightliness. “He has some white in there,” Barajas said. “He might want to try Just For Men. I feel bad for his wife, but that’s the game. The hair’s staying. This game is all about superstition.”
At this point Mattingly might as well just go with the Gustavo Chacin/alopecia look and end all the hassle.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)