HBT Daily: Who is that hot-hitting right fielder in Kansas City?

Apr 25, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT

In which Tiffany taunts me with Frenchy's early-season firepower
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. yankeesfanlen - Apr 25, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Uh-oh, I’ve seen this before:
    Tiffany: “I hear Frenchy hasn’t got a date for the senior prom”
    Craig: “That guy’s a bum, his Dad has an ’89 Impala that Frenchy uses to go to the drive-in”
    Tiffany: “Craig, honey, I’m hungry, let’s get something to eat”.
    Scene dissolves with Craig carrying bags from gojane and pinkice around the mall until it closes.

2. Utley's Hair - Apr 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Nice pic of Cholly blowing the bubble.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Apr 25, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Craig, I’d like an agreement at this time that if Frenchie does indeed win the AL MVP that you will take out a full-page ad in the KC papers professing your love to all things Frenchie OR eat a hat.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM

duuude… The MVP?? You could have had him agree if you said 5th runner up to the AL MVP. You have failed!!!

• cur68 - Apr 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Craig’s over committed to eating stuff this season, El Bravo. He’s got a classic poster to eat in the event Trump buys a piece of the Mets and a hat to eat if Vernon Wells out plays Carlos Beltran. So far he’s lookin’ pretty good, but I don’t think he should take any more chances. Not unless he likes the idea of a stomach pump.

Nice to see Frenchy doing well, though. As pitchers get used to him hitting they’ll give him the old ‘breaking ball of the plate’ treatment and he’ll crater again once he gets tired of being walked and starts flailing away again.

4. Jonny 5 - Apr 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM

You know Craig, HBT daily is just better when Tiffany joins you. And no I’m not saying it because I have a huge crush on her or anything, which I may or may not actually have, but that’s besides the point. The interviewer is as important as the interviewee I think. Give her a raise and more air time as it can only be good for you and HBT.

And yeah, normally when a team is trotting out the 3rd choice of 3 choices for the closing role it’s a bad thing. But with the fact that Madson is pretty darned good, the starting rotation, and Charlie combine for a “not too bad” in this case. The BP is getting very thin in Philly, very quickly. YIKES!

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (4091)