Apr 25, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Phil Hughes had a bullpen session on Saturday that, by all accounts, went well. Today’s session? Not so good. In fact, Joe Girardi just told the Yankees beat reporters that Hughes had a “setback.” (one reporter quoted Girardi as saying it was a “significant setback”). Giradi said that Hughes’ arm didn’t bounce back from his last session. He added “I don’t feel so good about it now. I’m concerned.”
Hughes is is going to see the team physician for a consult. This sounds bad.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)