Apr 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
- Some background the contentious contract negotiations last winter, including the shocking fact that team President Randy Levine was the “good cop” to Brian Cashman’s bad cop. How often is Randy Levine described as a good cop?
- Brian Cashman calling Jeter on the carpet over a contentious look he gave A-Rod when a pop fly dropped between them during a game in Baltimore. Jeter’s disbelieving response “show me the video.” and
- Brian Cashman taking Jeter out to eat in 2007 to inform him, that, yeah, he needed to work on his defense, with Jeter acting shocked because no one ever told him that he needed to work on his defense before.
I still don’t know what it all adds up to. A lot of this overall dynamic is old hat. We know Jeter and A-Rod didn’t get along. We know that the contract negotiations were bad. We know that, with respect to defense and his position, Jeter is someone the Yankees have always tiptoed around.
At the same time, I don’t recall Brian Cashman being referred to as a primary subject in the contentiousness, however mild it may be, involving Jeter. So maybe there are new revelations there.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)