Apr 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
- Some background the contentious contract negotiations last winter, including the shocking fact that team President Randy Levine was the “good cop” to Brian Cashman’s bad cop. How often is Randy Levine described as a good cop?
- Brian Cashman calling Jeter on the carpet over a contentious look he gave A-Rod when a pop fly dropped between them during a game in Baltimore. Jeter’s disbelieving response “show me the video.” and
- Brian Cashman taking Jeter out to eat in 2007 to inform him, that, yeah, he needed to work on his defense, with Jeter acting shocked because no one ever told him that he needed to work on his defense before.
I still don’t know what it all adds up to. A lot of this overall dynamic is old hat. We know Jeter and A-Rod didn’t get along. We know that the contract negotiations were bad. We know that, with respect to defense and his position, Jeter is someone the Yankees have always tiptoed around.
At the same time, I don’t recall Brian Cashman being referred to as a primary subject in the contentiousness, however mild it may be, involving Jeter. So maybe there are new revelations there.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 4
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 1
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)