Apr 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
- Some background the contentious contract negotiations last winter, including the shocking fact that team President Randy Levine was the “good cop” to Brian Cashman’s bad cop. How often is Randy Levine described as a good cop?
- Brian Cashman calling Jeter on the carpet over a contentious look he gave A-Rod when a pop fly dropped between them during a game in Baltimore. Jeter’s disbelieving response “show me the video.” and
- Brian Cashman taking Jeter out to eat in 2007 to inform him, that, yeah, he needed to work on his defense, with Jeter acting shocked because no one ever told him that he needed to work on his defense before.
I still don’t know what it all adds up to. A lot of this overall dynamic is old hat. We know Jeter and A-Rod didn’t get along. We know that the contract negotiations were bad. We know that, with respect to defense and his position, Jeter is someone the Yankees have always tiptoed around.
At the same time, I don’t recall Brian Cashman being referred to as a primary subject in the contentiousness, however mild it may be, involving Jeter. So maybe there are new revelations there.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 0
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 33
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)