Apr 25, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
Our blogmate Rick Chandler at Off The Bench passes along word that Tony La Russa’s daughter is now an Oakland Raiders cheerleader.
Or more specifically, Bianca La Russa is a Raiderette.
She tweeted the news:
A goal and a dream come true- I’m a 2011 Raiderette! I’m so excited to rep an organization that does so much good.
That’s by far the most excited anyone has been to join the Raiders in a long time.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 26
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)