Apr 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Don Mattingly has decided to take the biggest risk of his young managerial career by going against his wife’s wishes and keeping his new goatee.
Of course, he told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the goatee will stay only as long as the Dodgers keep winning, so Jonathan Broxton, James Loney, and company may give Mrs. Mattingly her wish soon enough anyway.
Rod Barajas is among the players to express their support of the goatee staying, to which Mattingly said: “I know who wears the pants. It’s not Rod.”
Strong talk from a guy who let Mr. Burns determine the fate of his sideburns.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)