Apr 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Don Mattingly has decided to take the biggest risk of his young managerial career by going against his wife’s wishes and keeping his new goatee.
Of course, he told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the goatee will stay only as long as the Dodgers keep winning, so Jonathan Broxton, James Loney, and company may give Mrs. Mattingly her wish soon enough anyway.
Rod Barajas is among the players to express their support of the goatee staying, to which Mattingly said: “I know who wears the pants. It’s not Rod.”
Strong talk from a guy who let Mr. Burns determine the fate of his sideburns.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million