Apr 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Don Mattingly has decided to take the biggest risk of his young managerial career by going against his wife’s wishes and keeping his new goatee.
Of course, he told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the goatee will stay only as long as the Dodgers keep winning, so Jonathan Broxton, James Loney, and company may give Mrs. Mattingly her wish soon enough anyway.
Rod Barajas is among the players to express their support of the goatee staying, to which Mattingly said: “I know who wears the pants. It’s not Rod.”
Strong talk from a guy who let Mr. Burns determine the fate of his sideburns.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)