Apr 26, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Don Mattingly has decided to take the biggest risk of his young managerial career by going against his wife’s wishes and keeping his new goatee.
Of course, he told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that the goatee will stay only as long as the Dodgers keep winning, so Jonathan Broxton, James Loney, and company may give Mrs. Mattingly her wish soon enough anyway.
Rod Barajas is among the players to express their support of the goatee staying, to which Mattingly said: “I know who wears the pants. It’s not Rod.”
Strong talk from a guy who let Mr. Burns determine the fate of his sideburns.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (82)