Apr 26, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Andre Ethier extended his hitting streak to 23 games with an RBI double off Chris Volstad in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Marlins, establishing a new record for the longest hitting streak ever in April.
As mentioned yesterday, Ethier’s former manager Joe Torre hit in 22 consecutive April games as a member of the Cardinals during the 1971 season.
Not only is Ethier’s hitting streak the longest ever in April, but it’s the longest by a Dodger since Paul Lo Duca hit in 25 consecutive games from May 17-June 18, 2003.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)