Apr 26, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Andre Ethier extended his hitting streak to 23 games with an RBI double off Chris Volstad in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Marlins, establishing a new record for the longest hitting streak ever in April.
As mentioned yesterday, Ethier’s former manager Joe Torre hit in 22 consecutive April games as a member of the Cardinals during the 1971 season.
Not only is Ethier’s hitting streak the longest ever in April, but it’s the longest by a Dodger since Paul Lo Duca hit in 25 consecutive games from May 17-June 18, 2003.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million