Apr 26, 2011, 8:15 PM EST
Andre Ethier extended his hitting streak to 23 games with an RBI double off Chris Volstad in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Marlins, establishing a new record for the longest hitting streak ever in April.
As mentioned yesterday, Ethier’s former manager Joe Torre hit in 22 consecutive April games as a member of the Cardinals during the 1971 season.
Not only is Ethier’s hitting streak the longest ever in April, but it’s the longest by a Dodger since Paul Lo Duca hit in 25 consecutive games from May 17-June 18, 2003.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)