Apr 26, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Andre Ethier extended his hitting streak to 23 games with an RBI double off Chris Volstad in the first inning of tonight’s game against the Marlins, establishing a new record for the longest hitting streak ever in April.
As mentioned yesterday, Ethier’s former manager Joe Torre hit in 22 consecutive April games as a member of the Cardinals during the 1971 season.
Not only is Ethier’s hitting streak the longest ever in April, but it’s the longest by a Dodger since Paul Lo Duca hit in 25 consecutive games from May 17-June 18, 2003.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)