Apr 26, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Erick Almonte was placed on the seven-day disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Reds. He is the first player to go on MLB’s new disabled list specifically designed for players recovering from concussions.
Almonte suffered the concussion when he was struck in the face by a thrown ball during batting practice before tonight’s game.
The 33-year-old is batting .103 (3-for-29) with one home run and three RBI this season. He hadn’t appeared in the big leagues since 2003 prior to making the Brewers out of spring training.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86