Apr 26, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
In fact, there’s no official timetable for Mauer’s return and his status continues to be somewhat mysterious between the initial diagnosis of bilateral leg weakness and a subsequent flu bug that caused him to lose 15 pounds.
Smith told Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Mauer is finally over the viral infection and is now working to build his leg strength, with a minor-league rehab assignment likely required before rejoining the Twins’ lineup is a possibility.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)