Apr 26, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
It’s been exactly two weeks since Josh Hamilton fractured his shoulder and was given a 6-8 week timetable, so T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reporting that he’s “still more than a month away from returning” makes sense.
Sullivan notes that Hamilton has started “working out in left field” and is making some throws to second base, but those are just the first steps on his road to recovery.
Hamilton was injured while sliding head-first into home plate on April 12 and afterward blamed third base coach Dave Anderson for sending him, later apologizing to him once the criticism aimed at Anderson began to really mount.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)