Apr 26, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
It’s been exactly two weeks since Josh Hamilton fractured his shoulder and was given a 6-8 week timetable, so T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reporting that he’s “still more than a month away from returning” makes sense.
Sullivan notes that Hamilton has started “working out in left field” and is making some throws to second base, but those are just the first steps on his road to recovery.
Hamilton was injured while sliding head-first into home plate on April 12 and afterward blamed third base coach Dave Anderson for sending him, later apologizing to him once the criticism aimed at Anderson began to really mount.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)