Apr 26, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
It’s been exactly two weeks since Josh Hamilton fractured his shoulder and was given a 6-8 week timetable, so T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reporting that he’s “still more than a month away from returning” makes sense.
Sullivan notes that Hamilton has started “working out in left field” and is making some throws to second base, but those are just the first steps on his road to recovery.
Hamilton was injured while sliding head-first into home plate on April 12 and afterward blamed third base coach Dave Anderson for sending him, later apologizing to him once the criticism aimed at Anderson began to really mount.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)