Apr 26, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
It’s been exactly two weeks since Josh Hamilton fractured his shoulder and was given a 6-8 week timetable, so T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reporting that he’s “still more than a month away from returning” makes sense.
Sullivan notes that Hamilton has started “working out in left field” and is making some throws to second base, but those are just the first steps on his road to recovery.
Hamilton was injured while sliding head-first into home plate on April 12 and afterward blamed third base coach Dave Anderson for sending him, later apologizing to him once the criticism aimed at Anderson began to really mount.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17