Apr 26, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
It’s been exactly two weeks since Josh Hamilton fractured his shoulder and was given a 6-8 week timetable, so T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reporting that he’s “still more than a month away from returning” makes sense.
Sullivan notes that Hamilton has started “working out in left field” and is making some throws to second base, but those are just the first steps on his road to recovery.
Hamilton was injured while sliding head-first into home plate on April 12 and afterward blamed third base coach Dave Anderson for sending him, later apologizing to him once the criticism aimed at Anderson began to really mount.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)