Apr 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
What’s the matter, Othello, jealous?
Well, did you know there’s a swimming pool under this floor?
And did you know that button behind you causes this floor to open up?
And did you further know that George Bailey is dancing right over that crack?
And I’ve got the key?
Stand back, everybody! Stand back!
They’re cheering us! We must be good!
Major League Baseball today announced the creation of a new All-Star Summer event, the All-Star Charity Dance-A-Thon, which will take place on Saturday, July 9, 2011 at the Phoenix Convention Center. All event-related net proceeds will be donated equally to three charities supporting cancer research and education — the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Stand Up To Cancer and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Glee’s very own acclaimed choreographer, Zach Woodlee, will lead the crowd in coordinated and spontaneous dance moves. He and other VIP guests will also serve as judges for a soon-to-be announced contest that will be open to Dance-A-Thon attendees. The grand prize winner of the contest will win an exclusive meet-and-greet opportunity on the set of Glee.
The last two All-Star Games had 5K charity races which, I assume, was considered a non-starter in Phoenix in July. The Dance-a-Thon gives them another charity vehicle to tie into the All-Star Game in which averages Joe’s like you and me can participate if we wish, this time with air conditioning. Assuming Average Joe’s like you and me would be interested in a meet-and-greet opportunity on the set of Glee, which is by no means a given.
Buffalo gals, can’t you come out tonight …
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (171)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)