Apr 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
What’s the matter, Othello, jealous?
Well, did you know there’s a swimming pool under this floor?
And did you know that button behind you causes this floor to open up?
And did you further know that George Bailey is dancing right over that crack?
And I’ve got the key?
Stand back, everybody! Stand back!
They’re cheering us! We must be good!
Major League Baseball today announced the creation of a new All-Star Summer event, the All-Star Charity Dance-A-Thon, which will take place on Saturday, July 9, 2011 at the Phoenix Convention Center. All event-related net proceeds will be donated equally to three charities supporting cancer research and education — the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Stand Up To Cancer and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Glee’s very own acclaimed choreographer, Zach Woodlee, will lead the crowd in coordinated and spontaneous dance moves. He and other VIP guests will also serve as judges for a soon-to-be announced contest that will be open to Dance-A-Thon attendees. The grand prize winner of the contest will win an exclusive meet-and-greet opportunity on the set of Glee.
The last two All-Star Games had 5K charity races which, I assume, was considered a non-starter in Phoenix in July. The Dance-a-Thon gives them another charity vehicle to tie into the All-Star Game in which averages Joe’s like you and me can participate if we wish, this time with air conditioning. Assuming Average Joe’s like you and me would be interested in a meet-and-greet opportunity on the set of Glee, which is by no means a given.
Buffalo gals, can’t you come out tonight …
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 1
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 12
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)