Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Count on it being a staple of blooper reels for years.
Miguel Olivo hit a line drive to the warning track in the second inning of Tuesday’s game against the Tigers, and Ryan Raburn turned it into a homer as it bounced off his glove and flew another 20 feet into the bullpen.
We can’t provide a direct link (thanks MLB!), but one can go to the Mariners’ Gameday feed to watch the highlight.
The homer was the first in 62 at-bats this season for Olivo. It was the 12th in 24 games for the Mariners, who can use all of the help they can get.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)