Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Count on it being a staple of blooper reels for years.
Miguel Olivo hit a line drive to the warning track in the second inning of Tuesday’s game against the Tigers, and Ryan Raburn turned it into a homer as it bounced off his glove and flew another 20 feet into the bullpen.
We can’t provide a direct link (thanks MLB!), but one can go to the Mariners’ Gameday feed to watch the highlight.
The homer was the first in 62 at-bats this season for Olivo. It was the 12th in 24 games for the Mariners, who can use all of the help they can get.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)