Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Count on it being a staple of blooper reels for years.
Miguel Olivo hit a line drive to the warning track in the second inning of Tuesday’s game against the Tigers, and Ryan Raburn turned it into a homer as it bounced off his glove and flew another 20 feet into the bullpen.
We can’t provide a direct link (thanks MLB!), but one can go to the Mariners’ Gameday feed to watch the highlight.
The homer was the first in 62 at-bats this season for Olivo. It was the 12th in 24 games for the Mariners, who can use all of the help they can get.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)