Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Count on it being a staple of blooper reels for years.
Miguel Olivo hit a line drive to the warning track in the second inning of Tuesday’s game against the Tigers, and Ryan Raburn turned it into a homer as it bounced off his glove and flew another 20 feet into the bullpen.
We can’t provide a direct link (thanks MLB!), but one can go to the Mariners’ Gameday feed to watch the highlight.
The homer was the first in 62 at-bats this season for Olivo. It was the 12th in 24 games for the Mariners, who can use all of the help they can get.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)