Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Count on it being a staple of blooper reels for years.
Miguel Olivo hit a line drive to the warning track in the second inning of Tuesday’s game against the Tigers, and Ryan Raburn turned it into a homer as it bounced off his glove and flew another 20 feet into the bullpen.
We can’t provide a direct link (thanks MLB!), but one can go to the Mariners’ Gameday feed to watch the highlight.
The homer was the first in 62 at-bats this season for Olivo. It was the 12th in 24 games for the Mariners, who can use all of the help they can get.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)