Apr 26, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
It’s understandable that there weren’t a lot of people at PNC Park to watch the Pirates-Nats game yesterday, what with the bad weather and the fact that the game was itself a makeup game. But the sheer emptiness of the place allowed for something awesome to happen: it allowed Sam Miller of the OC Register to actually count the number of people in the ballpark from the comfort of his California home.
You can see his methodology in his step-by-step screencap-aided explanation of it all.
I approve of the use of high definition television technology for such purposes.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)