Apr 26, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s understandable that there weren’t a lot of people at PNC Park to watch the Pirates-Nats game yesterday, what with the bad weather and the fact that the game was itself a makeup game. But the sheer emptiness of the place allowed for something awesome to happen: it allowed Sam Miller of the OC Register to actually count the number of people in the ballpark from the comfort of his California home.
You can see his methodology in his step-by-step screencap-aided explanation of it all.
I approve of the use of high definition television technology for such purposes.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)