Apr 26, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s understandable that there weren’t a lot of people at PNC Park to watch the Pirates-Nats game yesterday, what with the bad weather and the fact that the game was itself a makeup game. But the sheer emptiness of the place allowed for something awesome to happen: it allowed Sam Miller of the OC Register to actually count the number of people in the ballpark from the comfort of his California home.
You can see his methodology in his step-by-step screencap-aided explanation of it all.
I approve of the use of high definition television technology for such purposes.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39