Apr 26, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s understandable that there weren’t a lot of people at PNC Park to watch the Pirates-Nats game yesterday, what with the bad weather and the fact that the game was itself a makeup game. But the sheer emptiness of the place allowed for something awesome to happen: it allowed Sam Miller of the OC Register to actually count the number of people in the ballpark from the comfort of his California home.
You can see his methodology in his step-by-step screencap-aided explanation of it all.
I approve of the use of high definition television technology for such purposes.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)