Apr 26, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s understandable that there weren’t a lot of people at PNC Park to watch the Pirates-Nats game yesterday, what with the bad weather and the fact that the game was itself a makeup game. But the sheer emptiness of the place allowed for something awesome to happen: it allowed Sam Miller of the OC Register to actually count the number of people in the ballpark from the comfort of his California home.
You can see his methodology in his step-by-step screencap-aided explanation of it all.
I approve of the use of high definition television technology for such purposes.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness