Apr 26, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
Seven days after going on the disabled list with a strained right groin, Victor Martinez returned to the field Tuesday, playing catch and hitting without pain.
“I’m feeling great, man,” he said afterwards. “This is the day that I can say it, because this is the first day I went outside and did something.”
Martinez is eligible to come off the disabled list next Wednesday, and it certainly appears as though he’ll be ready then. Omir Santos, who has been backing up Alex Avila during Martinez’s absence, figures to be sent down to make room.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)