Apr 27, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Maybe we should wait until 28 — halfway to DiMaggio — before giving daily updates about Andre Ethier‘s hitting streak, but I’m in a good mood today so let’s start early: Andre Ethier hit in his 24th straight game a few minutes ago with a single back up the middle in the fourth inning of the Dodgers-Marlins game. It’s the longest streak for either 2011 (obviously) or 2010 (Josh Hamilton had 23).
But let’s not get too excited: he needs to do it in six more games to even make the top 50 of all time. Hitting streaks are kind of a pain like that.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 61
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)