Apr 27, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Maybe we should wait until 28 — halfway to DiMaggio — before giving daily updates about Andre Ethier‘s hitting streak, but I’m in a good mood today so let’s start early: Andre Ethier hit in his 24th straight game a few minutes ago with a single back up the middle in the fourth inning of the Dodgers-Marlins game. It’s the longest streak for either 2011 (obviously) or 2010 (Josh Hamilton had 23).
But let’s not get too excited: he needs to do it in six more games to even make the top 50 of all time. Hitting streaks are kind of a pain like that.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)