Apr 27, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Maybe we should wait until 28 — halfway to DiMaggio — before giving daily updates about Andre Ethier‘s hitting streak, but I’m in a good mood today so let’s start early: Andre Ethier hit in his 24th straight game a few minutes ago with a single back up the middle in the fourth inning of the Dodgers-Marlins game. It’s the longest streak for either 2011 (obviously) or 2010 (Josh Hamilton had 23).
But let’s not get too excited: he needs to do it in six more games to even make the top 50 of all time. Hitting streaks are kind of a pain like that.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)