Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Chris Coghlan left this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers with a shoulder injury, but said afterward that he expects to be back in the Marlins’ lineup following tomorrow’s off day.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com notes that Coghlan “has dealt with tendinitis in his right shoulder since spring training” and apparently the soreness simply got progressively worse during the game.
Coghlan explained to Frisaro that he was initially told 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab could heal the injury, but because he’s instead been playing through the pain it could remain an issue all season.
Scott Cousins replaced Coghlan in center field.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (156)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)