Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Chris Coghlan left this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers with a shoulder injury, but said afterward that he expects to be back in the Marlins’ lineup following tomorrow’s off day.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com notes that Coghlan “has dealt with tendinitis in his right shoulder since spring training” and apparently the soreness simply got progressively worse during the game.
Coghlan explained to Frisaro that he was initially told 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab could heal the injury, but because he’s instead been playing through the pain it could remain an issue all season.
Scott Cousins replaced Coghlan in center field.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)