Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Chris Coghlan left this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers with a shoulder injury, but said afterward that he expects to be back in the Marlins’ lineup following tomorrow’s off day.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com notes that Coghlan “has dealt with tendinitis in his right shoulder since spring training” and apparently the soreness simply got progressively worse during the game.
Coghlan explained to Frisaro that he was initially told 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab could heal the injury, but because he’s instead been playing through the pain it could remain an issue all season.
Scott Cousins replaced Coghlan in center field.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 58
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)