Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Chris Coghlan left this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers with a shoulder injury, but said afterward that he expects to be back in the Marlins’ lineup following tomorrow’s off day.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com notes that Coghlan “has dealt with tendinitis in his right shoulder since spring training” and apparently the soreness simply got progressively worse during the game.
Coghlan explained to Frisaro that he was initially told 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab could heal the injury, but because he’s instead been playing through the pain it could remain an issue all season.
Scott Cousins replaced Coghlan in center field.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)