Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Chris Coghlan left this afternoon’s game against the Dodgers with a shoulder injury, but said afterward that he expects to be back in the Marlins’ lineup following tomorrow’s off day.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com notes that Coghlan “has dealt with tendinitis in his right shoulder since spring training” and apparently the soreness simply got progressively worse during the game.
Coghlan explained to Frisaro that he was initially told 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab could heal the injury, but because he’s instead been playing through the pain it could remain an issue all season.
Scott Cousins replaced Coghlan in center field.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)