Apr 27, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Texas has officially placed O’Day on the 60-day disabled list, so his season is likely in jeopardy and the Rangers’ bullpen is suddenly even shakier.
Headed to the DL for a torn labrum in my left hip. Beyond that, I don’t know much. Hopefully recovery will be quick, and I’ll be back on the mound in no time.
Very bad news for the Rangers’ bullpen if true, as O’Day has been brilliant since they claimed him off waivers from the Mets in early 2009, posting a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
There’s no official word from the Rangers yet about his status, but despite the optimism expressed in that Facebook post O’Day is looking at an extended absence. And the Rangers are already without closer Neftali Feliz, who was placed on the disabled list last week with a shoulder injury.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)