Apr 27, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Texas has officially placed O’Day on the 60-day disabled list, so his season is likely in jeopardy and the Rangers’ bullpen is suddenly even shakier.
Headed to the DL for a torn labrum in my left hip. Beyond that, I don’t know much. Hopefully recovery will be quick, and I’ll be back on the mound in no time.
Very bad news for the Rangers’ bullpen if true, as O’Day has been brilliant since they claimed him off waivers from the Mets in early 2009, posting a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
There’s no official word from the Rangers yet about his status, but despite the optimism expressed in that Facebook post O’Day is looking at an extended absence. And the Rangers are already without closer Neftali Feliz, who was placed on the disabled list last week with a shoulder injury.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut