Apr 27, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Texas has officially placed O’Day on the 60-day disabled list, so his season is likely in jeopardy and the Rangers’ bullpen is suddenly even shakier.
Headed to the DL for a torn labrum in my left hip. Beyond that, I don’t know much. Hopefully recovery will be quick, and I’ll be back on the mound in no time.
Very bad news for the Rangers’ bullpen if true, as O’Day has been brilliant since they claimed him off waivers from the Mets in early 2009, posting a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
There’s no official word from the Rangers yet about his status, but despite the optimism expressed in that Facebook post O’Day is looking at an extended absence. And the Rangers are already without closer Neftali Feliz, who was placed on the disabled list last week with a shoulder injury.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)