Apr 27, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
UPDATE: Texas has officially placed O’Day on the 60-day disabled list, so his season is likely in jeopardy and the Rangers’ bullpen is suddenly even shakier.
Headed to the DL for a torn labrum in my left hip. Beyond that, I don’t know much. Hopefully recovery will be quick, and I’ll be back on the mound in no time.
Very bad news for the Rangers’ bullpen if true, as O’Day has been brilliant since they claimed him off waivers from the Mets in early 2009, posting a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
There’s no official word from the Rangers yet about his status, but despite the optimism expressed in that Facebook post O’Day is looking at an extended absence. And the Rangers are already without closer Neftali Feliz, who was placed on the disabled list last week with a shoulder injury.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)