Apr 27, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
UPDATE: Texas has officially placed O’Day on the 60-day disabled list, so his season is likely in jeopardy and the Rangers’ bullpen is suddenly even shakier.
Headed to the DL for a torn labrum in my left hip. Beyond that, I don’t know much. Hopefully recovery will be quick, and I’ll be back on the mound in no time.
Very bad news for the Rangers’ bullpen if true, as O’Day has been brilliant since they claimed him off waivers from the Mets in early 2009, posting a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
There’s no official word from the Rangers yet about his status, but despite the optimism expressed in that Facebook post O’Day is looking at an extended absence. And the Rangers are already without closer Neftali Feliz, who was placed on the disabled list last week with a shoulder injury.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)