Apr 27, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Carlos Carrasco had hoped to avoid the disabled list after leaving Saturday’s start against the Twins with elbow soreness, but the Indians have decided to put him on the shelf when he wasn’t able to throw a scheduled bullpen session today.
No announcement has been made for a fill-in starter Saturday, but Jordan Bastian of MLB.com speculates the Indians will call up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A to face the Tigers.
White is on track to make his next start Saturday at Columbus and the 14th overall pick in the 2009 draft has a 2.37 ERA in 174 career innings as a minor leaguer. David Huff is another possibility to replace Carrasco, but he’d be starting on short rest after throwing seven innings at Triple-A yesterday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)