Apr 27, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Carlos Carrasco had hoped to avoid the disabled list after leaving Saturday’s start against the Twins with elbow soreness, but the Indians have decided to put him on the shelf when he wasn’t able to throw a scheduled bullpen session today.
No announcement has been made for a fill-in starter Saturday, but Jordan Bastian of MLB.com speculates the Indians will call up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A to face the Tigers.
White is on track to make his next start Saturday at Columbus and the 14th overall pick in the 2009 draft has a 2.37 ERA in 174 career innings as a minor leaguer. David Huff is another possibility to replace Carrasco, but he’d be starting on short rest after throwing seven innings at Triple-A yesterday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 34
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)