Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
After the Cory Lidle post we need a bit of levity.
I got a chance to meet a bunch of Arizona Diamondbacks front office staffers in spring training. They were easily the nicest team officials I’ve met in the couple of years I’ve been doing this gig. But hey, just because you’re awesome doesn’t mean that an overly-literal lip-synch/dance number to a Smashmouth song was the best idea ever. Because it clearly was not.
That said: extra credit for not taking themselves too seriously. If the Yankees did this there would be mass firings and a somber press conference afterward. In this case I suppose the only casualty was the person who asked Kirk Gibson to make an appearance. No one is quite sure what happened to that dude.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 3
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 26
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)