Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
After the Cory Lidle post we need a bit of levity.
I got a chance to meet a bunch of Arizona Diamondbacks front office staffers in spring training. They were easily the nicest team officials I’ve met in the couple of years I’ve been doing this gig. But hey, just because you’re awesome doesn’t mean that an overly-literal lip-synch/dance number to a Smashmouth song was the best idea ever. Because it clearly was not.
That said: extra credit for not taking themselves too seriously. If the Yankees did this there would be mass firings and a somber press conference afterward. In this case I suppose the only casualty was the person who asked Kirk Gibson to make an appearance. No one is quite sure what happened to that dude.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)