Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
After the Cory Lidle post we need a bit of levity.
I got a chance to meet a bunch of Arizona Diamondbacks front office staffers in spring training. They were easily the nicest team officials I’ve met in the couple of years I’ve been doing this gig. But hey, just because you’re awesome doesn’t mean that an overly-literal lip-synch/dance number to a Smashmouth song was the best idea ever. Because it clearly was not.
That said: extra credit for not taking themselves too seriously. If the Yankees did this there would be mass firings and a somber press conference afterward. In this case I suppose the only casualty was the person who asked Kirk Gibson to make an appearance. No one is quite sure what happened to that dude.
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 1
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 56
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 159
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (159)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)