Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
After the Cory Lidle post we need a bit of levity.
I got a chance to meet a bunch of Arizona Diamondbacks front office staffers in spring training. They were easily the nicest team officials I’ve met in the couple of years I’ve been doing this gig. But hey, just because you’re awesome doesn’t mean that an overly-literal lip-synch/dance number to a Smashmouth song was the best idea ever. Because it clearly was not.
That said: extra credit for not taking themselves too seriously. If the Yankees did this there would be mass firings and a somber press conference afterward. In this case I suppose the only casualty was the person who asked Kirk Gibson to make an appearance. No one is quite sure what happened to that dude.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)