Great moments in bad lip-synching: the Arizona Diamondbacks edition

Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT

Dbacks video.bmp

After the Cory Lidle post we need a bit of levity.

I got a chance to meet a bunch of Arizona Diamondbacks front office staffers in spring training. They were easily the nicest team officials I’ve met in the couple of years I’ve been doing this gig.┬áBut hey, just because you’re awesome doesn’t mean that an overly-literal lip-synch/dance number to a Smashmouth song was the best idea ever. Because it clearly was not.

That said: extra credit for not taking themselves too seriously. If the Yankees did this there would be mass firings and a somber press conference afterward. In this case I suppose the only casualty was the person who asked Kirk Gibson to make an appearance. No one is quite sure what happened to that dude.

1. yankeesfanlen - Apr 27, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Stage-y, 15 years out-of-date, plenty of merch on display…..seems like it measures up to MLB standards to me.

• dprat - Apr 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Exactly. Liked that everything revolved around and kept coming back to wads of cash… a perfectly appropriate MLB message.

2. bloodysock - Apr 27, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Now I see where all the offseason front office efforts went.

3. TomTom - Apr 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Wow. Just, wow. That was TERRIBLE! If only that time and effort were put into putting together a team that can actually compete, it might be less sad.

4. IdahoMariner - Apr 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM

They probably had a blast doing it, for what it is, it’s kinda cute (in a hokey way), and it’s not hurting anyone…relax. It’s just a commercial.

5. mcsnide - Apr 27, 2011 at 12:58 PM

You know the most disturbing part of this? That Arizona’s mascot is a bobcat. That’s always bugged me. You have an animal as your team name and your mascot is a DIFFERENT animal? Yeah, ok, that had nothing to do with this horrible lip-sync, but it needed to be said.

• TomTom - Apr 27, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I noticed and was bothered by the same thing.

6. clydeserra - Apr 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM

You know, for all the political flack MLB is got due to having the ASG in AZ because of political policies (not making a judgement on that), there are an awful lot of white people in this Horrile out of date, trite video.

7. stairwayto7 - Apr 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I think thos was done during the 3rd inning of a game and used all the fans in attendance!

8. yankeesjetsknicksrangers - Apr 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Looks like a kick ass place to work.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3924)