Apr 27, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
The timeline for Johan Santana‘s return has been a bit of a moving target. At one point early in the process we heard May. Mostly we’ve heard June and July. Now Buster Olney is hearing that it could be as late as August or even September before the Mets’ ace is back on the hill.
Really, though: are there any Mets fans who expected Santana to make a significant contribution this year? In some ways, isn’t it better if everyone resigns themselves to Santana not being an important part of the 2011 Mets, allows him to come back slowly and then be prepared and fresh for 2012? Shoulder surgeries like he had are pretty major.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)