Apr 27, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
The timeline for Johan Santana‘s return has been a bit of a moving target. At one point early in the process we heard May. Mostly we’ve heard June and July. Now Buster Olney is hearing that it could be as late as August or even September before the Mets’ ace is back on the hill.
Really, though: are there any Mets fans who expected Santana to make a significant contribution this year? In some ways, isn’t it better if everyone resigns themselves to Santana not being an important part of the 2011 Mets, allows him to come back slowly and then be prepared and fresh for 2012? Shoulder surgeries like he had are pretty major.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)