Apr 27, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
The timeline for Johan Santana‘s return has been a bit of a moving target. At one point early in the process we heard May. Mostly we’ve heard June and July. Now Buster Olney is hearing that it could be as late as August or even September before the Mets’ ace is back on the hill.
Really, though: are there any Mets fans who expected Santana to make a significant contribution this year? In some ways, isn’t it better if everyone resigns themselves to Santana not being an important part of the 2011 Mets, allows him to come back slowly and then be prepared and fresh for 2012? Shoulder surgeries like he had are pretty major.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)