Apr 27, 2011, 10:40 PM EST
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was lifted from Wednesday night’s defeat of the White Sox in the eighth inning due to soreness in his right shoulder. He’s had to dive for balls in back-to-back games and the bruises finally caught up to him.
Teixeira told Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger that he was having trouble swinging and throwing by the end of Wednesday’s game, but Yankees manager Joe Girardi assured reporters during his press conference that the issue is minor and that no tests have yet been scheduled.
Eric Chavez replaced Teixeira at first base Wednesday and could start there in Thursday’s series finale with Chicago if the Yanks want to play it safe. Tex is batting .253/.387/.560 on the young season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)