Apr 27, 2011, 10:40 PM EDT
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was lifted from Wednesday night’s defeat of the White Sox in the eighth inning due to soreness in his right shoulder. He’s had to dive for balls in back-to-back games and the bruises finally caught up to him.
Teixeira told Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger that he was having trouble swinging and throwing by the end of Wednesday’s game, but Yankees manager Joe Girardi assured reporters during his press conference that the issue is minor and that no tests have yet been scheduled.
Eric Chavez replaced Teixeira at first base Wednesday and could start there in Thursday’s series finale with Chicago if the Yanks want to play it safe. Tex is batting .253/.387/.560 on the young season.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86