Apr 27, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Mark DeRosa has just 20 plate appearances through 22 games for the Giants after missing most of last season following wrist surgery, so it makes sense that he could be on the trading block and Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Marlins are “keeping an eye on” him.
Florida is looking for third base help with Greg Dobbs drawing most of the starts there and prospect Matt Dominguez on the disabled list at Triple-A with a fractured elbow.
DeRosa is 36 years old, hasn’t been productive since the first half of 2009, and is making $6 million in the second season of a two-year, $12 million deal, but presumably the Giants would be open to eating some of that salary in return for a mid-level prospect.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)