Apr 27, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Mark DeRosa has just 20 plate appearances through 22 games for the Giants after missing most of last season following wrist surgery, so it makes sense that he could be on the trading block and Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Marlins are “keeping an eye on” him.
Florida is looking for third base help with Greg Dobbs drawing most of the starts there and prospect Matt Dominguez on the disabled list at Triple-A with a fractured elbow.
DeRosa is 36 years old, hasn’t been productive since the first half of 2009, and is making $6 million in the second season of a two-year, $12 million deal, but presumably the Giants would be open to eating some of that salary in return for a mid-level prospect.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)