Apr 27, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Mark DeRosa has just 20 plate appearances through 22 games for the Giants after missing most of last season following wrist surgery, so it makes sense that he could be on the trading block and Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Marlins are “keeping an eye on” him.
Florida is looking for third base help with Greg Dobbs drawing most of the starts there and prospect Matt Dominguez on the disabled list at Triple-A with a fractured elbow.
DeRosa is 36 years old, hasn’t been productive since the first half of 2009, and is making $6 million in the second season of a two-year, $12 million deal, but presumably the Giants would be open to eating some of that salary in return for a mid-level prospect.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)