Apr 27, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
I’m constantly railing against managers relying on the save statistic rather than logic to determine their bullpen usage, but the issue is rarely discussed as well or as thoroughly as it is in Matthew Leach’s new MLB.com column:
It’s nice to see a mainstream writer with a big audience consisting largely of casual fans take on the topic in a meaningful way and as usual Leach does a fantastic job striking a balance between analysis and reporting.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)