Apr 27, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
I’m constantly railing against managers relying on the save statistic rather than logic to determine their bullpen usage, but the issue is rarely discussed as well or as thoroughly as it is in Matthew Leach’s new MLB.com column:
It’s nice to see a mainstream writer with a big audience consisting largely of casual fans take on the topic in a meaningful way and as usual Leach does a fantastic job striking a balance between analysis and reporting.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)