Apr 27, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
I’m constantly railing against managers relying on the save statistic rather than logic to determine their bullpen usage, but the issue is rarely discussed as well or as thoroughly as it is in Matthew Leach’s new MLB.com column:
It’s nice to see a mainstream writer with a big audience consisting largely of casual fans take on the topic in a meaningful way and as usual Leach does a fantastic job striking a balance between analysis and reporting.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)