Apr 27, 2011, 8:04 PM EST
About five minutes after getting ejected from Wednesday night’s game against the Yankees, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took to his personal Twitter account with these gems:
This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic
Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium
What a strange, strange world we live in.
Guillen was fired up after first baseman Paul Konerko was called out on a low third strike in the top of the first inning. Konerko also had words for the home plate umpire, but was not thrown out.
Other leagues have placed restrictions on tweeting in locker rooms and at different times before, during and after games, but Ozzie’s words were more hilarious than harsh and we here at HBT can only hope that more players and skippers will get into the act. It’s high comedy. Or maybe it’s low comedy. Eh, whatever.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)