Apr 27, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
About five minutes after getting ejected from Wednesday night’s game against the Yankees, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took to his personal Twitter account with these gems:
This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic
Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium
What a strange, strange world we live in.
Guillen was fired up after first baseman Paul Konerko was called out on a low third strike in the top of the first inning. Konerko also had words for the home plate umpire, but was not thrown out.
Other leagues have placed restrictions on tweeting in locker rooms and at different times before, during and after games, but Ozzie’s words were more hilarious than harsh and we here at HBT can only hope that more players and skippers will get into the act. It’s high comedy. Or maybe it’s low comedy. Eh, whatever.
- The beauty of belief 7
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 68
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)