Apr 27, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
About five minutes after getting ejected from Wednesday night’s game against the Yankees, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took to his personal Twitter account with these gems:
This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic
Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium
What a strange, strange world we live in.
Guillen was fired up after first baseman Paul Konerko was called out on a low third strike in the top of the first inning. Konerko also had words for the home plate umpire, but was not thrown out.
Other leagues have placed restrictions on tweeting in locker rooms and at different times before, during and after games, but Ozzie’s words were more hilarious than harsh and we here at HBT can only hope that more players and skippers will get into the act. It’s high comedy. Or maybe it’s low comedy. Eh, whatever.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 1
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 33
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)