Apr 27, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
About five minutes after getting ejected from Wednesday night’s game against the Yankees, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took to his personal Twitter account with these gems:
This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic
Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium
What a strange, strange world we live in.
Guillen was fired up after first baseman Paul Konerko was called out on a low third strike in the top of the first inning. Konerko also had words for the home plate umpire, but was not thrown out.
Other leagues have placed restrictions on tweeting in locker rooms and at different times before, during and after games, but Ozzie’s words were more hilarious than harsh and we here at HBT can only hope that more players and skippers will get into the act. It’s high comedy. Or maybe it’s low comedy. Eh, whatever.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)