Apr 27, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
About five minutes after getting ejected from Wednesday night’s game against the Yankees, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took to his personal Twitter account with these gems:
This one going to cost me a lot money this is patetic
Today a tough guy show up a yankee stadium
What a strange, strange world we live in.
Guillen was fired up after first baseman Paul Konerko was called out on a low third strike in the top of the first inning. Konerko also had words for the home plate umpire, but was not thrown out.
Other leagues have placed restrictions on tweeting in locker rooms and at different times before, during and after games, but Ozzie’s words were more hilarious than harsh and we here at HBT can only hope that more players and skippers will get into the act. It’s high comedy. Or maybe it’s low comedy. Eh, whatever.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (188)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)