Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Don Mattingly’s goatee was amusing for a brief moment earlier this week, but now the topic is just kind of sad.
And then he almost immediately shaved it while revealing that the actual reason he grew the goatee in the first place had little to do with the Dodgers or winning or his wife.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
Mattingly shaved his goatee. Said he grew it because he had a cold sore on the left side of his lip.
And … we’re done talking about this.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)