Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Don Mattingly’s goatee was amusing for a brief moment earlier this week, but now the topic is just kind of sad.
And then he almost immediately shaved it while revealing that the actual reason he grew the goatee in the first place had little to do with the Dodgers or winning or his wife.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
Mattingly shaved his goatee. Said he grew it because he had a cold sore on the left side of his lip.
And … we’re done talking about this.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)