Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Don Mattingly’s goatee was amusing for a brief moment earlier this week, but now the topic is just kind of sad.
And then he almost immediately shaved it while revealing that the actual reason he grew the goatee in the first place had little to do with the Dodgers or winning or his wife.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
Mattingly shaved his goatee. Said he grew it because he had a cold sore on the left side of his lip.
And … we’re done talking about this.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)