Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Don Mattingly’s goatee was amusing for a brief moment earlier this week, but now the topic is just kind of sad.
And then he almost immediately shaved it while revealing that the actual reason he grew the goatee in the first place had little to do with the Dodgers or winning or his wife.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
Mattingly shaved his goatee. Said he grew it because he had a cold sore on the left side of his lip.
And … we’re done talking about this.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final