Apr 27, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Don Mattingly’s goatee was amusing for a brief moment earlier this week, but now the topic is just kind of sad.
And then he almost immediately shaved it while revealing that the actual reason he grew the goatee in the first place had little to do with the Dodgers or winning or his wife.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times:
Mattingly shaved his goatee. Said he grew it because he had a cold sore on the left side of his lip.
And … we’re done talking about this.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)