Apr 28, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
Yesterday the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’ll replace him in the rotation by calling up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A.
White will start in Carrasco’s place Saturday against the Tigers after earning the call-up with a 1.90 ERA and 28/5 K/BB ratio in four starts at Triple-A.
White also had a 2.45 ERA and 117/46 K/BB ratio in 26 starts between high Single-A and Double-A in his pro debut last season, and the former 15th overall pick out of North Carolina will make it to the majors after logging a total of just 174 innings in the minors.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)