Apr 28, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
Yesterday the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’ll replace him in the rotation by calling up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A.
White will start in Carrasco’s place Saturday against the Tigers after earning the call-up with a 1.90 ERA and 28/5 K/BB ratio in four starts at Triple-A.
White also had a 2.45 ERA and 117/46 K/BB ratio in 26 starts between high Single-A and Double-A in his pro debut last season, and the former 15th overall pick out of North Carolina will make it to the majors after logging a total of just 174 innings in the minors.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (107)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)