Apr 28, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
Yesterday the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’ll replace him in the rotation by calling up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A.
White will start in Carrasco’s place Saturday against the Tigers after earning the call-up with a 1.90 ERA and 28/5 K/BB ratio in four starts at Triple-A.
White also had a 2.45 ERA and 117/46 K/BB ratio in 26 starts between high Single-A and Double-A in his pro debut last season, and the former 15th overall pick out of North Carolina will make it to the majors after logging a total of just 174 innings in the minors.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness