Apr 28, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
Yesterday the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’ll replace him in the rotation by calling up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A.
White will start in Carrasco’s place Saturday against the Tigers after earning the call-up with a 1.90 ERA and 28/5 K/BB ratio in four starts at Triple-A.
White also had a 2.45 ERA and 117/46 K/BB ratio in 26 starts between high Single-A and Double-A in his pro debut last season, and the former 15th overall pick out of North Carolina will make it to the majors after logging a total of just 174 innings in the minors.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)