Apr 28, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
Yesterday the Indians placed starter Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a shoulder injury and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’ll replace him in the rotation by calling up 2009 first-round pick Alex White from Triple-A.
White will start in Carrasco’s place Saturday against the Tigers after earning the call-up with a 1.90 ERA and 28/5 K/BB ratio in four starts at Triple-A.
White also had a 2.45 ERA and 117/46 K/BB ratio in 26 starts between high Single-A and Double-A in his pro debut last season, and the former 15th overall pick out of North Carolina will make it to the majors after logging a total of just 174 innings in the minors.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 60
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)