Apr 28, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Cleveland is now an American League-best 16-8 overall.
What’s incredible is that the Indians have done it with Fausto Carmona and Carlos Carrasco struggling. Carmona pitched well tonight, but he has a 5.15 ERA after five starts. Carrasco just joined Mitch Talbot on the DL, but Justin Masterson and Josh Tomlin have stepped up in a big way and the offense has been far better than anyone would have guessed.
With the eight runs tonight, the Indians have moved into a tie with the Rangers for first place in the AL in that category. And they’ve played 24 games to the Rangers’ 25. Last year, the Indians ranked 12th of the 14th AL teams in runs scored, a full 213 runs behind the first-place Yankees.
It’s been a team effort, too. No one on the club has more than four homers or 15 RBI. However, they have seven players with at least 11 RBI and Sizemore has nine in 10 games since coming off the DL.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)