Apr 28, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Cleveland is now an American League-best 16-8 overall.
What’s incredible is that the Indians have done it with Fausto Carmona and Carlos Carrasco struggling. Carmona pitched well tonight, but he has a 5.15 ERA after five starts. Carrasco just joined Mitch Talbot on the DL, but Justin Masterson and Josh Tomlin have stepped up in a big way and the offense has been far better than anyone would have guessed.
With the eight runs tonight, the Indians have moved into a tie with the Rangers for first place in the AL in that category. And they’ve played 24 games to the Rangers’ 25. Last year, the Indians ranked 12th of the 14th AL teams in runs scored, a full 213 runs behind the first-place Yankees.
It’s been a team effort, too. No one on the club has more than four homers or 15 RBI. However, they have seven players with at least 11 RBI and Sizemore has nine in 10 games since coming off the DL.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 76
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)