Apr 28, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
Cleveland is now an American League-best 16-8 overall.
What’s incredible is that the Indians have done it with Fausto Carmona and Carlos Carrasco struggling. Carmona pitched well tonight, but he has a 5.15 ERA after five starts. Carrasco just joined Mitch Talbot on the DL, but Justin Masterson and Josh Tomlin have stepped up in a big way and the offense has been far better than anyone would have guessed.
With the eight runs tonight, the Indians have moved into a tie with the Rangers for first place in the AL in that category. And they’ve played 24 games to the Rangers’ 25. Last year, the Indians ranked 12th of the 14th AL teams in runs scored, a full 213 runs behind the first-place Yankees.
It’s been a team effort, too. No one on the club has more than four homers or 15 RBI. However, they have seven players with at least 11 RBI and Sizemore has nine in 10 games since coming off the DL.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)