Apr 28, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember now, but at one point the Angels were hoping to have Kendrys Morales in the Opening Day lineup.
Now they might settle for having him in the second half.
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Morales still isn’t running at full speed on the fractured ankle that ended his 2010 season in May and was re-examined yesterday by a foot specialist.
Mike Scioscia called the doctor’s visit “just part of the process” but at this point there’s no timetable for Morales’ return and he seems to be going backward in his recovery with every update.
Morales has been hitting and fielding ground balls since spring training, but until he’s able to run at something resembling full strength and perhaps more importantly do so without needing multiple days off from running afterward it’ll be impossible to project a return date.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (106)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (95)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team