Apr 28, 2011, 10:10 AM EST
It’s hard to remember now, but at one point the Angels were hoping to have Kendrys Morales in the Opening Day lineup.
Now they might settle for having him in the second half.
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Morales still isn’t running at full speed on the fractured ankle that ended his 2010 season in May and was re-examined yesterday by a foot specialist.
Mike Scioscia called the doctor’s visit “just part of the process” but at this point there’s no timetable for Morales’ return and he seems to be going backward in his recovery with every update.
Morales has been hitting and fielding ground balls since spring training, but until he’s able to run at something resembling full strength and perhaps more importantly do so without needing multiple days off from running afterward it’ll be impossible to project a return date.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)