Apr 28, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
It’s hard to remember now, but at one point the Angels were hoping to have Kendrys Morales in the Opening Day lineup.
Now they might settle for having him in the second half.
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Morales still isn’t running at full speed on the fractured ankle that ended his 2010 season in May and was re-examined yesterday by a foot specialist.
Mike Scioscia called the doctor’s visit “just part of the process” but at this point there’s no timetable for Morales’ return and he seems to be going backward in his recovery with every update.
Morales has been hitting and fielding ground balls since spring training, but until he’s able to run at something resembling full strength and perhaps more importantly do so without needing multiple days off from running afterward it’ll be impossible to project a return date.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)