Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison told reporters earlier this week that he is aiming to return from his sprained left foot soon after he is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list.
He was being overly optimistic.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, “it could be another couple weeks” before Morrison is cleared for full baseball activities. The 23-year-old Twitter phenom is still battling some soreness and the Marlins aren’t going to let him push it for fear that he might make the problem worse.
Morrison was batting a cool .327/.424/.636 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 15 games before the injury. Emilio Bonifacio has been manning left field on most nights in his absence.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)