Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison told reporters earlier this week that he is aiming to return from his sprained left foot soon after he is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list.
He was being overly optimistic.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, “it could be another couple weeks” before Morrison is cleared for full baseball activities. The 23-year-old Twitter phenom is still battling some soreness and the Marlins aren’t going to let him push it for fear that he might make the problem worse.
Morrison was batting a cool .327/.424/.636 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 15 games before the injury. Emilio Bonifacio has been manning left field on most nights in his absence.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39