Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison told reporters earlier this week that he is aiming to return from his sprained left foot soon after he is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list.
He was being overly optimistic.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, “it could be another couple weeks” before Morrison is cleared for full baseball activities. The 23-year-old Twitter phenom is still battling some soreness and the Marlins aren’t going to let him push it for fear that he might make the problem worse.
Morrison was batting a cool .327/.424/.636 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 15 games before the injury. Emilio Bonifacio has been manning left field on most nights in his absence.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)