Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison told reporters earlier this week that he is aiming to return from his sprained left foot soon after he is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list.
He was being overly optimistic.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, “it could be another couple weeks” before Morrison is cleared for full baseball activities. The 23-year-old Twitter phenom is still battling some soreness and the Marlins aren’t going to let him push it for fear that he might make the problem worse.
Morrison was batting a cool .327/.424/.636 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 15 games before the injury. Emilio Bonifacio has been manning left field on most nights in his absence.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)