Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison told reporters earlier this week that he is aiming to return from his sprained left foot soon after he is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list.
He was being overly optimistic.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, “it could be another couple weeks” before Morrison is cleared for full baseball activities. The 23-year-old Twitter phenom is still battling some soreness and the Marlins aren’t going to let him push it for fear that he might make the problem worse.
Morrison was batting a cool .327/.424/.636 with four home runs and 11 RBI in 15 games before the injury. Emilio Bonifacio has been manning left field on most nights in his absence.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)