Apr 28, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Jose Reyes hit a triple in the eighth inning of last night’s Mets-Nationals game. And then he was called out for allegedly taking his hand off the bag.
Watch the replay — the second, super slow motion one — and note just how not off the bag he came. Luckily the Mets went on to win and it didn’t matter, but at the time it seemed big.
Another instance where an eye-in-the-sky ump with a walkie talkie could have settled the matter in less time than the subsequent argument took.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 28
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)