Apr 28, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Jose Reyes hit a triple in the eighth inning of last night’s Mets-Nationals game. And then he was called out for allegedly taking his hand off the bag.
Watch the replay — the second, super slow motion one — and note just how not off the bag he came. Luckily the Mets went on to win and it didn’t matter, but at the time it seemed big.
Another instance where an eye-in-the-sky ump with a walkie talkie could have settled the matter in less time than the subsequent argument took.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)