Apr 28, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Jose Reyes hit a triple in the eighth inning of last night’s Mets-Nationals game. And then he was called out for allegedly taking his hand off the bag.
Watch the replay — the second, super slow motion one — and note just how not off the bag he came. Luckily the Mets went on to win and it didn’t matter, but at the time it seemed big.
Another instance where an eye-in-the-sky ump with a walkie talkie could have settled the matter in less time than the subsequent argument took.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)