Apr 28, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Jose Reyes hit a triple in the eighth inning of last night’s Mets-Nationals game. And then he was called out for allegedly taking his hand off the bag.
Watch the replay — the second, super slow motion one — and note just how not off the bag he came. Luckily the Mets went on to win and it didn’t matter, but at the time it seemed big.
Another instance where an eye-in-the-sky ump with a walkie talkie could have settled the matter in less time than the subsequent argument took.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)