Apr 28, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
Yesterday the Rangers announced that Double-A prospect Engel Beltre had been suspended indefinitely following an incident with fans and today they announced the length of the suspension: 15 games.
Beltre’s team, Double-A Frisco, had a three-run homer overturned by umpires Tuesday night. Ejections followed and Beltre ended up throwing a trash can at a group of fans.
Acquired from the Red Sox in mid-2007 as part of the Eric Gagne trade, Beltre struggled at Double-A last season as a 20-year-old and has been similarly unproductive in repeating the level this year. He also got into a brawl last year after hitting a game-winnning homer.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)