Apr 28, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
Yesterday the Rangers announced that Double-A prospect Engel Beltre had been suspended indefinitely following an incident with fans and today they announced the length of the suspension: 15 games.
Beltre’s team, Double-A Frisco, had a three-run homer overturned by umpires Tuesday night. Ejections followed and Beltre ended up throwing a trash can at a group of fans.
Acquired from the Red Sox in mid-2007 as part of the Eric Gagne trade, Beltre struggled at Double-A last season as a 20-year-old and has been similarly unproductive in repeating the level this year. He also got into a brawl last year after hitting a game-winnning homer.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)