Apr 29, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Barry Zito is off crutches two weeks after being placed on the disabled list with a sprained foot, but manager Bruce Bochy said yesterday that it’s “hard to put a target date” on his potential return.
Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that Zito was examined Wednesday by a foot specialist and is no longer forced to wear a protective boot, but “cannot yet put full weight on his injured foot.”
According to Bochy he won’t be cleared to resume throwing until fully participating in workouts for at least one week, which means Zito is likely still at least three weeks from possibly rejoining the Giants’ rotation. For now Ryan Vogelsong has replaced him.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)