Apr 29, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Barry Zito is off crutches two weeks after being placed on the disabled list with a sprained foot, but manager Bruce Bochy said yesterday that it’s “hard to put a target date” on his potential return.
Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that Zito was examined Wednesday by a foot specialist and is no longer forced to wear a protective boot, but “cannot yet put full weight on his injured foot.”
According to Bochy he won’t be cleared to resume throwing until fully participating in workouts for at least one week, which means Zito is likely still at least three weeks from possibly rejoining the Giants’ rotation. For now Ryan Vogelsong has replaced him.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination