Apr 29, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
The left side of the Dodgers’ infield just took another hit.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Casey Blake underwent surgery on his infected left elbow and could be back in four weeks. The 37-year-old third baseman was officially placed on the disabled list earlier today.
Blake began the year on the disabled list with lower back pain, but was batting .321/.446/.509 with two homers and six RBI over his 66 plate appearances this season.
If tonight’s lineup against the Padres is any indication, the Dodgers will apparently forge ahead with Juan Uribe at third base and Aaron Miles at second. Russell Mitchell has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Blake’s place on the active roster.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)