Apr 29, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
The left side of the Dodgers’ infield just took another hit.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Casey Blake underwent surgery on his infected left elbow and could be back in four weeks. The 37-year-old third baseman was officially placed on the disabled list earlier today.
Blake began the year on the disabled list with lower back pain, but was batting .321/.446/.509 with two homers and six RBI over his 66 plate appearances this season.
If tonight’s lineup against the Padres is any indication, the Dodgers will apparently forge ahead with Juan Uribe at third base and Aaron Miles at second. Russell Mitchell has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Blake’s place on the active roster.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination