Apr 29, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
The left side of the Dodgers’ infield just took another hit.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Casey Blake underwent surgery on his infected left elbow and could be back in four weeks. The 37-year-old third baseman was officially placed on the disabled list earlier today.
Blake began the year on the disabled list with lower back pain, but was batting .321/.446/.509 with two homers and six RBI over his 66 plate appearances this season.
If tonight’s lineup against the Padres is any indication, the Dodgers will apparently forge ahead with Juan Uribe at third base and Aaron Miles at second. Russell Mitchell has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Blake’s place on the active roster.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)