Apr 29, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera made the biggest headlines when he was arrested while driving to spring training, but Lowe also joins Austin Kearns, Adam Kennedy, and Coco Crisp in being booked for DUIs in 2011. And there are still eight months to go.
As one of my favorite national writers, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, put it on Twitter: “MLB filling in ably for the NFL during the lockout.”
I realize asking professional athletes not to drink a lot is unrealistic, but aren’t they wealthy enough and high profile enough that at least hiring a driver should be obvious at this point?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)