Apr 29, 2011, 10:49 AM EST
Miguel Cabrera made the biggest headlines when he was arrested while driving to spring training, but Lowe also joins Austin Kearns, Adam Kennedy, and Coco Crisp in being booked for DUIs in 2011. And there are still eight months to go.
As one of my favorite national writers, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, put it on Twitter: “MLB filling in ably for the NFL during the lockout.”
I realize asking professional athletes not to drink a lot is unrealistic, but aren’t they wealthy enough and high profile enough that at least hiring a driver should be obvious at this point?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)