Apr 29, 2011, 10:49 AM EST
Miguel Cabrera made the biggest headlines when he was arrested while driving to spring training, but Lowe also joins Austin Kearns, Adam Kennedy, and Coco Crisp in being booked for DUIs in 2011. And there are still eight months to go.
As one of my favorite national writers, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, put it on Twitter: “MLB filling in ably for the NFL during the lockout.”
I realize asking professional athletes not to drink a lot is unrealistic, but aren’t they wealthy enough and high profile enough that at least hiring a driver should be obvious at this point?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)