Apr 29, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Sean Rodriguez dislocated his left pinkie finger sliding into second base last night and an MRI exam revealed a torn ligament as well, but the Rays infielder told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he plans to play through the injury.
Actually, his exact words were: “It ain’t broken.”
Joe Maddon agreed with Rodriguez’s assessment that he probably won’t have to miss any time, so he’ll continue to draw starts at third base and second base.
Rodriguez is hitting just .214 through 21 games, but he has nine extra-base hits and a .464 slugging percentage in 56 at-bats.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 0
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 47
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 35
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 49
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)