Apr 29, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Sean Rodriguez dislocated his left pinkie finger sliding into second base last night and an MRI exam revealed a torn ligament as well, but the Rays infielder told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he plans to play through the injury.
Actually, his exact words were: “It ain’t broken.”
Joe Maddon agreed with Rodriguez’s assessment that he probably won’t have to miss any time, so he’ll continue to draw starts at third base and second base.
Rodriguez is hitting just .214 through 21 games, but he has nine extra-base hits and a .464 slugging percentage in 56 at-bats.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 25
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- NBA: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit