Apr 29, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Sean Rodriguez dislocated his left pinkie finger sliding into second base last night and an MRI exam revealed a torn ligament as well, but the Rays infielder told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he plans to play through the injury.
Actually, his exact words were: “It ain’t broken.”
Joe Maddon agreed with Rodriguez’s assessment that he probably won’t have to miss any time, so he’ll continue to draw starts at third base and second base.
Rodriguez is hitting just .214 through 21 games, but he has nine extra-base hits and a .464 slugging percentage in 56 at-bats.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)