Apr 29, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Sean Rodriguez dislocated his left pinkie finger sliding into second base last night and an MRI exam revealed a torn ligament as well, but the Rays infielder told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he plans to play through the injury.
Actually, his exact words were: “It ain’t broken.”
Joe Maddon agreed with Rodriguez’s assessment that he probably won’t have to miss any time, so he’ll continue to draw starts at third base and second base.
Rodriguez is hitting just .214 through 21 games, but he has nine extra-base hits and a .464 slugging percentage in 56 at-bats.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)