Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The Brewers were expected to activate Saito from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Astros, but those plans are obviously on hold now. Oblique injuries can sideline players for weeks at a time, but we’ll know more about the severity of the injury after he is examined by team physician William Raasch in Milwaukee today.
Saito signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract with the Brewers in December. He made two appearances during the first week of the season before going on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)