Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The Brewers were expected to activate Saito from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Astros, but those plans are obviously on hold now. Oblique injuries can sideline players for weeks at a time, but we’ll know more about the severity of the injury after he is examined by team physician William Raasch in Milwaukee today.
Saito signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract with the Brewers in December. He made two appearances during the first week of the season before going on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead