Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
The Brewers were expected to activate Saito from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Astros, but those plans are obviously on hold now. Oblique injuries can sideline players for weeks at a time, but we’ll know more about the severity of the injury after he is examined by team physician William Raasch in Milwaukee today.
Saito signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract with the Brewers in December. He made two appearances during the first week of the season before going on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)