Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The Brewers were expected to activate Saito from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Astros, but those plans are obviously on hold now. Oblique injuries can sideline players for weeks at a time, but we’ll know more about the severity of the injury after he is examined by team physician William Raasch in Milwaukee today.
Saito signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract with the Brewers in December. He made two appearances during the first week of the season before going on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)