Apr 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The Brewers were expected to activate Saito from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game against the Astros, but those plans are obviously on hold now. Oblique injuries can sideline players for weeks at a time, but we’ll know more about the severity of the injury after he is examined by team physician William Raasch in Milwaukee today.
Saito signed a one-year, $1.75 million contract with the Brewers in December. He made two appearances during the first week of the season before going on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)