Apr 29, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
Yankees general partner Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal said Friday that the team donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross and $250,000 to the Salvation Army to help rebuild communities in Alabama devastated by this week’s tornadoes.
Bombers setup man David Robertson is from Tuscaloosa and said his parents rode out the storms in their basements. None of his family or friends were injured in the storms, which kiled at least 318 people, many of them in Alabama.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)