Apr 29, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
Yankees general partner Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal said Friday that the team donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross and $250,000 to the Salvation Army to help rebuild communities in Alabama devastated by this week’s tornadoes.
Bombers setup man David Robertson is from Tuscaloosa and said his parents rode out the storms in their basements. None of his family or friends were injured in the storms, which kiled at least 318 people, many of them in Alabama.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)