Apr 29, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
Yankees general partner Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal said Friday that the team donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross and $250,000 to the Salvation Army to help rebuild communities in Alabama devastated by this week’s tornadoes.
Bombers setup man David Robertson is from Tuscaloosa and said his parents rode out the storms in their basements. None of his family or friends were injured in the storms, which kiled at least 318 people, many of them in Alabama.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)