Apr 29, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
Yankees general partner Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal said Friday that the team donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross and $250,000 to the Salvation Army to help rebuild communities in Alabama devastated by this week’s tornadoes.
Bombers setup man David Robertson is from Tuscaloosa and said his parents rode out the storms in their basements. None of his family or friends were injured in the storms, which kiled at least 318 people, many of them in Alabama.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)