Apr 29, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
Yankees general partner Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal said Friday that the team donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross and $250,000 to the Salvation Army to help rebuild communities in Alabama devastated by this week’s tornadoes.
Bombers setup man David Robertson is from Tuscaloosa and said his parents rode out the storms in their basements. None of his family or friends were injured in the storms, which kiled at least 318 people, many of them in Alabama.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)