Apr 30, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Buchholz was sent home last night due to “intestinal turmoil,” which aside from sounding really painful, would actually be a pretty awesome name for a metal band.
Tim Wakefield will get the call for the spot start tomorrow while Buchholz will be pushed back to start Monday’s series opener against the Angels.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Mariners have caught a break here. Buchholz has a 5.33 ERA and 15/16 K/BB ratio over his first five starts this season.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)