Apr 30, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Buchholz was sent home last night due to “intestinal turmoil,” which aside from sounding really painful, would actually be a pretty awesome name for a metal band.
Tim Wakefield will get the call for the spot start tomorrow while Buchholz will be pushed back to start Monday’s series opener against the Angels.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Mariners have caught a break here. Buchholz has a 5.33 ERA and 15/16 K/BB ratio over his first five starts this season.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 1
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 41
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)