Apr 30, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Buchholz was sent home last night due to “intestinal turmoil,” which aside from sounding really painful, would actually be a pretty awesome name for a metal band.
Tim Wakefield will get the call for the spot start tomorrow while Buchholz will be pushed back to start Monday’s series opener against the Angels.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Mariners have caught a break here. Buchholz has a 5.33 ERA and 15/16 K/BB ratio over his first five starts this season.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 49
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)