Apr 30, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Buchholz was sent home last night due to “intestinal turmoil,” which aside from sounding really painful, would actually be a pretty awesome name for a metal band.
Tim Wakefield will get the call for the spot start tomorrow while Buchholz will be pushed back to start Monday’s series opener against the Angels.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Mariners have caught a break here. Buchholz has a 5.33 ERA and 15/16 K/BB ratio over his first five starts this season.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)