Apr 30, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Buchholz was sent home last night due to “intestinal turmoil,” which aside from sounding really painful, would actually be a pretty awesome name for a metal band.
Tim Wakefield will get the call for the spot start tomorrow while Buchholz will be pushed back to start Monday’s series opener against the Angels.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Mariners have caught a break here. Buchholz has a 5.33 ERA and 15/16 K/BB ratio over his first five starts this season.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)