Apr 30, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Greinke will make his Brewers debut Wednesday against the Braves, reports Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
9:30 AM: Brewers fans, the wait is almost over.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Zack Greinke allowed two runs over five innings last night with Triple-A Nashville in what was expected to be his final minor league rehab start.
Greinke scattered seven hits — including a home run — while striking out seven and walking just one. He threw 50 out of 75 pitches for strikes. Greinke finishes his rehab stint with a 3.37 ERA and 13/2 K/BB ratio over three starts between High-A Brevard County and Triple-A Nashville.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke wouldn’t say when Greinke will make his debut, but if he’s kept on a five-day schedule, he lines up to face the Braves on Wednesday.
The Brewers enter play Saturday at 13-12, trailing the first-place Cardinals by 1 1/2 games in the NL Central. Meanwhile, their starters are sixth in the National League with a 3.67 ERA. I think most Brewers fans would have signed up for that a month ago.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)