Apr 30, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Greinke will make his Brewers debut Wednesday against the Braves, reports Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
9:30 AM: Brewers fans, the wait is almost over.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Zack Greinke allowed two runs over five innings last night with Triple-A Nashville in what was expected to be his final minor league rehab start.
Greinke scattered seven hits — including a home run — while striking out seven and walking just one. He threw 50 out of 75 pitches for strikes. Greinke finishes his rehab stint with a 3.37 ERA and 13/2 K/BB ratio over three starts between High-A Brevard County and Triple-A Nashville.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke wouldn’t say when Greinke will make his debut, but if he’s kept on a five-day schedule, he lines up to face the Braves on Wednesday.
The Brewers enter play Saturday at 13-12, trailing the first-place Cardinals by 1 1/2 games in the NL Central. Meanwhile, their starters are sixth in the National League with a 3.67 ERA. I think most Brewers fans would have signed up for that a month ago.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)