Apr 30, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Greinke will make his Brewers debut Wednesday against the Braves, reports Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
9:30 AM: Brewers fans, the wait is almost over.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Zack Greinke allowed two runs over five innings last night with Triple-A Nashville in what was expected to be his final minor league rehab start.
Greinke scattered seven hits — including a home run — while striking out seven and walking just one. He threw 50 out of 75 pitches for strikes. Greinke finishes his rehab stint with a 3.37 ERA and 13/2 K/BB ratio over three starts between High-A Brevard County and Triple-A Nashville.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke wouldn’t say when Greinke will make his debut, but if he’s kept on a five-day schedule, he lines up to face the Braves on Wednesday.
The Brewers enter play Saturday at 13-12, trailing the first-place Cardinals by 1 1/2 games in the NL Central. Meanwhile, their starters are sixth in the National League with a 3.67 ERA. I think most Brewers fans would have signed up for that a month ago.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (90)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)