May 1, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
The Red Sox were elusive when it came to details, but they revealed after Sunday’s game that Josh Beckett wouldn’t pitch again until Wednesday at the earliest.
Beckett, who was off to a blazing start this season, didn’t come out with his best stuff when he faced the Orioles on Wednesday, and he ended up allowing four runs in six innings in a no-decision. Speculation is that he’s had trouble bouncing back from his 125-pitch outing against the Angels six days earlier.
The plan is for Beckett to throw a side session on Monday. If he comes out of that OK, then he’ll probably face the Angels on Wednesday. If not, then a DL stint could be lurking, though the Boston Globe declined to raise that possibility in its report.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)