May 1, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
The Red Sox were elusive when it came to details, but they revealed after Sunday’s game that Josh Beckett wouldn’t pitch again until Wednesday at the earliest.
Beckett, who was off to a blazing start this season, didn’t come out with his best stuff when he faced the Orioles on Wednesday, and he ended up allowing four runs in six innings in a no-decision. Speculation is that he’s had trouble bouncing back from his 125-pitch outing against the Angels six days earlier.
The plan is for Beckett to throw a side session on Monday. If he comes out of that OK, then he’ll probably face the Angels on Wednesday. If not, then a DL stint could be lurking, though the Boston Globe declined to raise that possibility in its report.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)