May 1, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
The Red Sox were elusive when it came to details, but they revealed after Sunday’s game that Josh Beckett wouldn’t pitch again until Wednesday at the earliest.
Beckett, who was off to a blazing start this season, didn’t come out with his best stuff when he faced the Orioles on Wednesday, and he ended up allowing four runs in six innings in a no-decision. Speculation is that he’s had trouble bouncing back from his 125-pitch outing against the Angels six days earlier.
The plan is for Beckett to throw a side session on Monday. If he comes out of that OK, then he’ll probably face the Angels on Wednesday. If not, then a DL stint could be lurking, though the Boston Globe declined to raise that possibility in its report.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 1
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 36
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 42
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)