May 1, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The two players were chasing after a Mark Kotsay pop-fly in the seventh inning of the game against the Brewers. After the collision, Lee remained on the ground in pain for several minutes before being taken off on a cart.
MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that chest X-rays on Lee showed no fracture, but that the results of the CT scan were still pending. Lee is expected to spend the night in the hospital.
Lee hit a three-run homer in the inning before the collision. He’s off to another rough start this year with a .207 average and just five walks in 111 at-bats, but he has managed 18 RBI in 28 games. The Astros have little with which to replace him — they’d probably go with Brian Bogusevic and Jason Bourgeois in left field — so they would miss him if he ends up on the DL.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)