May 1, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The two players were chasing after a Mark Kotsay pop-fly in the seventh inning of the game against the Brewers. After the collision, Lee remained on the ground in pain for several minutes before being taken off on a cart.
MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that chest X-rays on Lee showed no fracture, but that the results of the CT scan were still pending. Lee is expected to spend the night in the hospital.
Lee hit a three-run homer in the inning before the collision. He’s off to another rough start this year with a .207 average and just five walks in 111 at-bats, but he has managed 18 RBI in 28 games. The Astros have little with which to replace him — they’d probably go with Brian Bogusevic and Jason Bourgeois in left field — so they would miss him if he ends up on the DL.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)