May 1, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The two players were chasing after a Mark Kotsay pop-fly in the seventh inning of the game against the Brewers. After the collision, Lee remained on the ground in pain for several minutes before being taken off on a cart.
MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that chest X-rays on Lee showed no fracture, but that the results of the CT scan were still pending. Lee is expected to spend the night in the hospital.
Lee hit a three-run homer in the inning before the collision. He’s off to another rough start this year with a .207 average and just five walks in 111 at-bats, but he has managed 18 RBI in 28 games. The Astros have little with which to replace him — they’d probably go with Brian Bogusevic and Jason Bourgeois in left field — so they would miss him if he ends up on the DL.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)