May 1, 2011, 7:34 PM EDT
The two players were chasing after a Mark Kotsay pop-fly in the seventh inning of the game against the Brewers. After the collision, Lee remained on the ground in pain for several minutes before being taken off on a cart.
MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that chest X-rays on Lee showed no fracture, but that the results of the CT scan were still pending. Lee is expected to spend the night in the hospital.
Lee hit a three-run homer in the inning before the collision. He’s off to another rough start this year with a .207 average and just five walks in 111 at-bats, but he has managed 18 RBI in 28 games. The Astros have little with which to replace him — they’d probably go with Brian Bogusevic and Jason Bourgeois in left field — so they would miss him if he ends up on the DL.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)