May 1, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison is on the disabled list currently with a lisfranc sprain and muscle strain in his left foot. He isn’t expected to return to the big leagues for another couple of weeks.
With time to spare, the talented 23-year-old spent about 20 minutes last week on SI.com’s Hot Clicks Podcast with Jimmy Traina.
Topics discussed include Twitter discretion, manscaping, celebrating a come-from-behind victory while injured, taking foul balls to the face, Phillies fans, Mets fans, girls, and fantasy baseball.
Morrison is a breath of fresh air in a sporting world where interviews often feel safe or even rehearsed. He’s also one heck of a ballplayer and left behind a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line when he was injured.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (325)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)