May 1, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison is on the disabled list currently with a lisfranc sprain and muscle strain in his left foot. He isn’t expected to return to the big leagues for another couple of weeks.
With time to spare, the talented 23-year-old spent about 20 minutes last week on SI.com’s Hot Clicks Podcast with Jimmy Traina.
Topics discussed include Twitter discretion, manscaping, celebrating a come-from-behind victory while injured, taking foul balls to the face, Phillies fans, Mets fans, girls, and fantasy baseball.
Morrison is a breath of fresh air in a sporting world where interviews often feel safe or even rehearsed. He’s also one heck of a ballplayer and left behind a stellar .327/.424/.636 batting line when he was injured.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)