May 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Texas closer Neftali Feliz is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday in front of the Rangers’ coaches and trainers in Oakland. If everything goes well, he will then make a single rehab appearance at one of the organization’s minor league affiliates before returning to the big league bullpen on Friday.
This all comes via Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who adds that Feliz has already told the Rangers that his shoulder inflammation is gone and that he could begin facing major league hitters today if the team really needed him.
Wilson was placed on the disabled list in late April as a precautionary measure after complaining of mild soreness. He has opened the season with a 1.08 ERA over his first eight relief outings and has been successful on all five of his save opportunities.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)