May 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Texas closer Neftali Feliz is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday in front of the Rangers’ coaches and trainers in Oakland. If everything goes well, he will then make a single rehab appearance at one of the organization’s minor league affiliates before returning to the big league bullpen on Friday.
This all comes via Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who adds that Feliz has already told the Rangers that his shoulder inflammation is gone and that he could begin facing major league hitters today if the team really needed him.
Wilson was placed on the disabled list in late April as a precautionary measure after complaining of mild soreness. He has opened the season with a 1.08 ERA over his first eight relief outings and has been successful on all five of his save opportunities.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel