May 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Texas closer Neftali Feliz is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday in front of the Rangers’ coaches and trainers in Oakland. If everything goes well, he will then make a single rehab appearance at one of the organization’s minor league affiliates before returning to the big league bullpen on Friday.
This all comes via Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who adds that Feliz has already told the Rangers that his shoulder inflammation is gone and that he could begin facing major league hitters today if the team really needed him.
Wilson was placed on the disabled list in late April as a precautionary measure after complaining of mild soreness. He has opened the season with a 1.08 ERA over his first eight relief outings and has been successful on all five of his save opportunities.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)