May 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Texas closer Neftali Feliz is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday in front of the Rangers’ coaches and trainers in Oakland. If everything goes well, he will then make a single rehab appearance at one of the organization’s minor league affiliates before returning to the big league bullpen on Friday.
This all comes via Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who adds that Feliz has already told the Rangers that his shoulder inflammation is gone and that he could begin facing major league hitters today if the team really needed him.
Wilson was placed on the disabled list in late April as a precautionary measure after complaining of mild soreness. He has opened the season with a 1.08 ERA over his first eight relief outings and has been successful on all five of his save opportunities.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69