May 2, 2011, 5:31 AM EDT
Freedom, liberty, decency and peace: 1, Osama Bin Laden: 0: I never thought any death could make me happy, but I guess I was wrong. Here’s hoping that this development helps us turn the page on ten long, dark years and move forward into a better future.
I spent the weekend in New York and got in late last night. As soon as I did, the Osama Bin Laden news broke. Between travelling, missing all of yesterday’s games and than watching the news reports, transfixed, there was little time — and frankly, little desire — to recap yesterday’s games. Indeed, even baseball fans understood as the news spread that this was bigger than what was going on down on the field. Check out the reaction in Philly during last night’s Mets-Phillies game, from both the fans and the players and managers. Sometimes I really love my fellow Americans.
Below are the scores. Feel free to make the comments a discussion thread for the weekend’s games. Or feel free to talk about other things.
Diamondbacks 4, Cubs 3
Padres 7, Dodgers 0
Athletics 7, Rangers 2
Marlins 9, Reds 5
Royals 10, Twins 3
Pirates 8, Rockies 4
Orioles 6, White Sox 4
Angels 6, Rays 5
Astros 5, Brewers 0
Red Sox 3, Mariners 2
Nationals 5, Giants 2
Yankees 5, Blue Jays 2
Braves 6, Cardinals 5
Indians 5, Tigers 4
Mets 2, Phillies 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)