HBT Weekend Wrapup

May 2, 2011, 8:47 AM EST

Foley's baseballs

Things you missed while spending the weekend in New York and visiting the coolest baseball bar ever, not once, but twice. And, while there, taking pictures of interesting things in the men’s room. Yes, I realize it’s not 100% cool to whip out the camera in the bathroom. But in my defense, there aren’t many places where Don Zimmer watches you pee, and that sort of thing needs to be recorded for posterity:

One more programming note: I realize I punted the recaps in And That Happened this morning, but I have to punt the Power Rankings today too. Contrary to the rather slapdash nature of their appearance, I do put some real time into the Power Rankings. I usually put the bulk of that together on Sunday, and wasn’t able to do so yesterday due to my schedule. I will do my best to get them up tomorrow, but don’t sue me if we end up just giving it a miss this week.

And now, back to our usually-scheduled nonsense.

1. Jonny 5 - May 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Man I thought for sure Roger M. would be sh-canned. One lucky idiot he is… Is this what people watch on tv when they’re stuck home on weekdays? Kelly and Regis??? Excuse me while I put on MLB network.

• heyblueyoustink - May 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

My girlfriend raves about the Fox 29 morning show if it helps…….though i’ve never seen it so it is far from getting my stamp of approval…..

Feel better soon…..nothing more inviting than a bed sometimes, nothing less inviting than one holding you against your will

• Utley's Hair - May 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Not since Kerri Lee left.

• jwbiii - May 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Left Fox 29 or your bed?

• Utley's Hair - May 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Like Colt Seaver, I don’t kiss and tell. But suffice it to say that, while lying in my bed, I have looked over and seen Kerri Lee. 8)

• jwbiii - May 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM

In much the same way I miss Soledad O’Brien, I am sure :)

2. jwbiii - May 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

“[T]here aren’t many places where Don Zimmer watches you pee”

You say this like it’s a bad thing.

3. yankeesfanlen - May 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Oh, let me do the power rankings:
    1) Phillies
    2) Yankees
    3) Rockies (they’re 5-5 last 10 games)
    4-30) Other teams.

• Jonny 5 - May 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

DUDE the Indians ???????????? they are just “WINNINGGGGGGGGG”

• yankeesfanlen - May 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Beating up on the Mariners, Orioles, and Tigers doesn’t seem that great to me, but if you say so They’re setting the Cayuhoga On Fire.

• Jonny 5 - May 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Well “Someone” listed them as #1 for their power rankings on MLB network. And they’re paid for their opinion. I didn’t agree, but maybe in the top 5. And let’s not forget how they took it to that AL east juggernaut, the BoSox.

4. APBA Guy - May 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Cleveland is coming into Oakland this Tuesday, they get Tyson Ross, the White Rabbit, and Mr. Anderson. You expect 2 of those 3 to be very good on any given 3 nights, so Cleveland will have a real test. On the other hand, Cleveland’s pitching has been good so far, and throwing in a big park like the Mausoleum, even with the rising air temps (3 Texas HR’s Saturday, plus 2 for Oakland) we’ll also see how good their pitching is.

Mr. Anderson was more than rocky last Saturday, raising his ERA to 2.96. His curve always seemed to end up in the middle of the plate, and his FB velocity is down 2-3 mph this year. Somebody get ready to post the “Mr. Anderson to visit Dr. Andrews” piece.

But the Gio whisperer was back in the dugout yesterday. Sure, go ahead and laugh. But the Comcast broadcast led with that news, and the results were evident: 2 ER in 6.2 IP for Gio. Whatever Braden says to Gio, it works.

One final game with Texas today. Really bright sunshine, and a bit cooler, that should depress the offense even more, depending on which Brandon McCarthy shows up. Consistency is not a common trait in # 5 starters, except for those who are consistently bad, which McCarthy has not been so far this year.

5. IdahoMariner - May 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM

1) It looks like Don Z. is a little too friendly with that pole he is stuck behind.

2) No power rankings?! In the one week all season when my team actually had some wins?! That isn’t gonna happen again, Craig, we mighta moved all the way up to 28 or so….

6. jasonc2300 - May 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM

White Sox fans are totally OK with you skipping the Power Rankings.

• cur68 - May 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Blue Jays Fans have the White Soxs (socks?) fan’s backs on this one.

Ok, what in tarnation is the plural of ‘Sox’? Soxes? Soxs? Socks? aaarg! Someone tweet Ozzie and ask.

• Utley's Hair - May 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I actually think Sox is the plural, but have no friggin’ idea what the singular form is.

• cur68 - May 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I see.Well of this is how Ozzie uses these terms then it must be correct.
        So; 2 Sox, 1 [expletive], right?

• Utley's Hair - May 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM

If you can’t understandit, it has [expletive] in there, then there’s a good chance it’s from Ozzie—Guillen or Osbourne is another issue.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5621)