May 2, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Bailey also missed a big chunk of last season with shoulder problems, but when healthy posted a 4.46 ERA and 100/46 K/BB ratio in 109 innings to finally show some of the promise that made him the seventh overall pick in the 2004 draft and one of Baseball America‘s top 10 prospects in both 2007 and 2008.
Despite seemingly being around forever Bailey is still just 25 years old and his return to the rotation will bump Sam LeCure to the bullpen after he filled in with a 4.79 ERA in four starts.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)