May 2, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Bailey also missed a big chunk of last season with shoulder problems, but when healthy posted a 4.46 ERA and 100/46 K/BB ratio in 109 innings to finally show some of the promise that made him the seventh overall pick in the 2004 draft and one of Baseball America‘s top 10 prospects in both 2007 and 2008.
Despite seemingly being around forever Bailey is still just 25 years old and his return to the rotation will bump Sam LeCure to the bullpen after he filled in with a 4.79 ERA in four starts.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)