May 2, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Bailey also missed a big chunk of last season with shoulder problems, but when healthy posted a 4.46 ERA and 100/46 K/BB ratio in 109 innings to finally show some of the promise that made him the seventh overall pick in the 2004 draft and one of Baseball America‘s top 10 prospects in both 2007 and 2008.
Despite seemingly being around forever Bailey is still just 25 years old and his return to the rotation will bump Sam LeCure to the bullpen after he filled in with a 4.79 ERA in four starts.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)