May 2, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Bailey also missed a big chunk of last season with shoulder problems, but when healthy posted a 4.46 ERA and 100/46 K/BB ratio in 109 innings to finally show some of the promise that made him the seventh overall pick in the 2004 draft and one of Baseball America‘s top 10 prospects in both 2007 and 2008.
Despite seemingly being around forever Bailey is still just 25 years old and his return to the rotation will bump Sam LeCure to the bullpen after he filled in with a 4.79 ERA in four starts.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)